Sports Premium funding for Acocks Green Primary School this year is £19,580. The purpose of this funding is to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision. Allocating Sports Premium to schools aims to increase participation in PE and sport, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Since the allocation of Sports Premium funding we have:
- Provided before and after school clubs led both by staff and specialist sports leaders.
- Developed staff confidence and expertise with a variety of CPD sessions focusing on differentiation, transferring skills, orienting and child lead learning provided by the PE lead and outside agencies including national governing bodies.
- Enhanced the playground and play-time equipment.
- Provided opportunities for our children to take part in a range of competitions.
- Strengthened our relationships with sporting organisations such as Warwickshire County Cricket Club, Yardley Tennis Club, Olton and West Warwickshire Cricket Club and the Youth Sport Trust, as well as partnerships with the Ninestiles trust, Archbishop Ilsley Catholic Secondary School, Camp Hill Foundation and Solihull School for tournaments and regional competitions.
- Taken part in active workshops led by sporting governing bodies.
- Participated in National Fitness Days
- Taken part in The Daily Mile scheme
- Watched international and elite level sport in an attempt to inspire the children.
Our aim for the funding this year seeks to put longer-term plans into place to further improve our provision of PE and Sport in addition to the statutory two hours of P.E. that the children receive per week. The following has been implemented:
- Free sporting after school clubs for all children in years Reception to Year 6
- Free swimming sessions for years 2, 3, 5 and 6.
- Review and revise our medium-term plans, to focus on the transition of skills from one year group to the next.
- A whole school fitness test to assess and measure the impact of the improved provision.
- Lunch time sports activities for all children across the Primary Phase, using a Sports Coach.
- Building on progress the school has made in school-wide and inter-school competition and offer a wider range of sports that we compete in locally.
- Developing playground equipment that will stimulate children’s learning through play and movement whilst encouraging participation in smaller team games.
- Regularly updating our current equipment used in P.E lessons to provide a variety of teaching tools and stimulus.
- Development of the LTS awareness of how to encourage and enthuse the less active children at lunchtimes in the playground through staff training sessions delivered by a Sports Coach.
- Actively promote achievements in PE by awarding children in assemblies.
- To raise the profile of the nutritional benefits of food and healthy eating that complements an active lifestyle. Specifically using a range of healthy ingredients within our cookery topics across the school.
- Allow children with SEND and those who are reluctant to take part in PE to take part in inter-school competitions
- Provide girls’ after-school clubs to actively encourage additional participation in upper key stage two.
Our aim is to ensure that PE teaching at Acocks Green is outstanding; that all of our children are involved in a range of sports activities both within the school day and outside of it.
Review: July 2024
Westley Road, Birmingham, West Midlands B27 7UQ
0121 706 2165