Sports Premium 2018-19
Sports Premium funding for Acocks Green Primary School this year is £19,600. The purpose of this funding is to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision. Allocating Sports Premium to schools aims to increase participation in PE and sport, so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Over the last three years we have:
- Provided before and after school clubs led both by staff and specialist sports leaders.
- Provided opportunities for our children to take part in a range of competitions.
- Strengthened our relationships with sporting organisations such as Warwickshire County Cricket Club and the Youth Sport Trust, as well as partnerships with the Ninestiles trust, Camp Hill Foundation and Solihull School for tournaments and regional competitions.
Our aim for the funding this year seeks to put longer-term plans into place to further improve our provision of PE and Sport in addition to the statutory two hours of P.E. that the children receive per week.
- Free sporting after school clubs for all children in years Reception to Year 6
- Free swimming sessions after school for all year 6 children and during school time for Years 2, 3 and 5
- A series of staff training sessions to improve the teaching of PE across the primary phase, focusing on tennis, yoga, dance and gymnastics.
- Run and develop a whole school fitness test to assess and measure the impact of the improved provision.
- Provide lunch time sports activities for all children across the Primary Phase, using a Sports Coach.
- Build on progress the school has made in school-wide and inter-school competition and offer a wider range of sports that we compete in locally.
- To develop playground equipment that will stimulate children’s learning through play and movement whilst encouraging participation in smaller team games.
- Update our current equipment used in P.E lessons to provide a variety of teaching tools and stimulus.
- Development of the LTS awareness of how to encourage and enthuse the less active children at lunchtimes in the playground through staff training sessions delivered by a Sports Coach.
- To raise the profile of the nutritional benefits of food and healthy eating that complements an active lifestyle. Specifically using a range of healthy ingredients within our cookery topics across the school.
Our aim is to ensure that PE teaching at Acocks Green is outstanding; that all of our children are involved in a range of sports activities both within the school day and outside of it.